Published on August 28th, 2012 | by EJC0
- AlertNet - The Thomson Reuters Foundation
AlertNet is a free humanitarian news service covering crises across the world, run by the Thomson Reuters Foundation.
Crisis Centre – Natural Disasters Briefings (2012)
- Internews Europe – Humanitarian Response
Internews is one of the leading media development organisations in the world, which commits to strengthening innovation in digital technologies to support vulnerable, crisis-hit populations.
- Disaster News Network (DNN)
DNN tells the story of disaster response and suggests appropriate ways the public can help survivors. It also facilitates information sharing among disaster responders and connects disaster survivors with those who are able to assist them.
- Dart Center for Journalism & Trauma – Natural Disaster
Updates related to natural disasters from the Dart Center for Journalism & Trauma.
- The Brookings Institution – London School of Economics Project on Internal Displacement
A Year of Living Dangerously: A Review of Natural Disasters in 2010 (2011)
- Disaster and Crisis Coverage – International Center for Journalists (ICFJ)
The International Center for Journalists, a non-profit, professional organisation, promotes quality journalism worldwide in the belief that independent, vigorous media are crucial in improving the human condition.
- Communicating with Disaster Affected Communities Network (CDAC)
The CDAC Network’s vision is for people affected by crisis to be well informed and actively communicating with those responding to the crisis, thereby taking ownership of decisions about their future as well as the relief efforts in their country.
- Responding to Liability: Evaluating and Reducing Tort Liability for Digital Volunteers
By Edward S. Robson (2012) published by the Wilson Center.